I guess the new rule for this process is I get to take Monday holidays off, but the work still has to be done.
I had a small rush of editing jobs through my Fiverr account over the weekend, two sample editing jobs and then a larger sample which I am still working on. Plus, there was an unexpected burst of RP1. Considering all that, I got a lot more than I might have expected otherwise. The Barbarian is so close to done that I almost can’t breathe. The reason is taking ages because it’s super long — 3,925 words at the moment, which is more than double the usual City of Bridges post length. Is it all worth it? I hope so! Part of the struggle with this piece is that there was so much to fit in. I guess I’ll find out whether it works or not when it gets to readers.
My plan for this week is: more of the same! I’m trying to decide if I want to go to writers meet-up on Saturday. It’d be good to bolster some possible referrals for editing, but it’s a hefty out-of-pocket spend and I am feeling cash poor at the moment. I did order business cards, however, so at least I’ll have something to hand out if I decide to go. And my editing page should be finished sometime later this week. (Barbarian first, though.)
The image here is something I just made, and I can’t say I really love it. After the Portal image, this just feels static and unimaginative. I guess I’m going to have to up my compositional game and come up with some ideas that really stretch my creativity. Or come up with a new strategy for art to go with these posts….
Last week’s goals:
- Blog posts: Did two of three hoped for
- Daily prompt: Did 5 prompts, and they were pretty cool!
- COB: The Barbarian: Worked on this daily, and it’s so close to being done
- WIP: World building revisions: scratch
- Website updates: Editing services page: preliminary layout done, still need to work on copy etc.
This week’s goals:
- Blog posts – 3 (including check in)
- Daily prompt – 5 (M-F)
- COB: The Barbarian posted on Fri
- COB: Draft of The Ghost revised
- Website updates: Editing services page