Things on my mind as I sit down to write this post:
- Oops. I completely forgot to do this check-in yesterday.
- Oops. I completely forgot to write any other blog posts last week. Well, not 100% true. I started a post about fandom, but despite repeated efforts I couldn’t find my way through to any interesting to say.
- What’s my personal brand? “Magical girl” is the way I’ve been thinking about myself in my posts here, as I try to redefine who I am in this post-parenting1 existence. The bio lines on my Twitter and Instagram proclaim, “I was a unicorn before unicorns were cool.” But is that really the best way to market myself, either as writer OR as an editor?
- Speaking of writing, I decided to post my short story Mirror Witch on Wattpad. It’s a fun story, romantic and magical. Not sure I’m a fan of the cover art I made for it though.
- Forking mosquito bites!
Last week’s goals:
- Blog posts – 3 (including check in): only one complete
- Daily prompt – 5 (M-F): missed Friday, due to an early work schedule
- COB: The Ghost draft, ready to post next week – Yes!
- COB: Revision on The Princess – in progress.
- Website updates: Editing services page – nop.e
- WIP worldbuilding revisions – made some progress, still trying to push some ideas together
This week’s goals:
- Blog posts – 3 (including check in)
- Daily prompt – 5 (M-F)
- COB: Finish revision on The Princess
- COB: Start revision on The Bull
- Website updates: Editing services page
- WIP worldbuilding revisions