• Twelve years of experience as a writer and editor for print and online publications.
• Diverse writing portfolio includes marketing materials, instructional copy, informational articles, interviews, book and product reviews, cover lines, and manuals.
• Project management and detailed execution of multiple, complex tasks in a deadline-driven environment.
• AP and Chicago Manual of Style
• Experience in Mac and PC environments. Applications include MS Office suite, Frontpage, Adobe CS. Experience with webpage design, CMS and blog software, and site maintenance. Knowledge of HTML, CSS, SEO, and social networking.
NEWSLETTER EDITOR / COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
New Horizons Computer Learning Center, Anaheim, CA (Kelly Services)
April 2011 – August 2011
• Produced three monthly corporate newsletters for franchise operations, including HTML markup and PowerMail distribution.
• Provide editorial support for company communications.
• Copyediting and transcription for training materials.
Self-employed, Placentia, CA
October 2000 – present
• Contract editorial services including copywriting, copyediting, and proofreading to corporate, educational and marketing clients. Assignments have included:
o Writing product feature articles for computer manufacturer website
o Copyediting course content for online university
o Proofreading websites, brochures, collateral materials and blog content produced by medical marketing firm for private practitioners, medical groups, and hospitals
o Book editing for private clients
o Feature articles on various topics published in print and online markets
Stampington & Company, Laguna Hills, California
March 2007 – January 2009
• Managed editorial content for five high-end consumer crafting and photography magazines (15 total issues annually) including defining editorial schedules, developing and assigning articles, writing articles, interviews, research, copyediting and proofreading.
• Directed the launch of four new magazines within an 18-month period.
• Coordinated production including editorial development, art direction, photography and graphic design.
Skotos Tech, Berkeley, California
April 2000 – September 2002
• Primary designer for the multiplayer online RPG Castle Marrach, including the creation of background material, non-player characters, plot arcs, and overall theme and setting definition.
• Wrote promotional and support materials for Castle Marrach, including a 16-page printed Player’s Guide.
Hewlett Packard, Cupertino, California (Manpower)
October 1999 – October 2000
• Assisted in the development of content for two major websites.
• Designed and populated editorial schedules.
• Created site style manual.
• Wrote and edited site content for Home and Home Office site.
Phantastes, The Online Journal Of Fantasy Literature
June 1998 – October 2000
• Created and published the award-winning e-zine, listed three consecutive times as a best resource in the annual Year’s Best Fantasy and Horror anthology.
MOUNT HOLYOKE COLLEGE, South Hadley, Massachusetts
Medieval Studies, BA, cum laude